M.A.E in Elementary
Additional InformationApply Today!
The Elementary Education program requires 30-31 hours, and is divided into two instructional components:
- Professional Education (9-16 hours) provides advanced level pedagogy, leadership, and content related to Kentucky Teacher Standards and applicable to all P-12 teachers working in a wide gamut of developmental levels and content areas, and is available online.
- Specialization (15-21 hours) directs the student into an individual program in content, pedagogy, and/or areas
of professional growth consistent with each candidate's professional goals. TCHL 520
and an advisor approved content specific course are required. The remaining hours
will be selected by the candidate based on individual needs, content areas and/or
areas of professional growth. The candidate may select from the following areas: Elementary
Education, Education Administration, English as a Second Language, Gifted and Talented
Endorsement, or Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement. Specializations in
Elementary Education, Gifted and Talented Endorsement and Instructional Computer Technology
Endorsement are available completely online, allowing candidates to earn their degree
entirely at a distance.
- List of Elementary Education Specializations
- The Specialization component allows students considerable flexibility in choosing their course work. The courses in this area will be selected by the candidate based on individual needs, content areas and/or areas of professional growth. The following specialization areas are available completely online:
Non-Degree Planned Fifth Year/Rank II for Teacher Leaders
- Available in elementary, middle, and secondary education programs
- Designed for students who do not meet the admission requirements of a degree program
- Results in Rank II salary classification in Kentucky, renews the teaching certificate, and permits entry into a Planned Sixth-Year/Rank I program
- Total Program Hours: 32