M.A.E in Elementary
Additional InformationApply Today!
Admission Requirements(Criteria vary depending on the student’s undergraduate institution and GPA)
- WKU Graduates
- Applicants who are alumni of WKU teacher preparation programs must submit a current, valid teaching certificate or Statement of Eligibility for Elementary (Grades P-5).
- Graduate of a Kentucky Higher Education Institute other than WKU
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees from all other accredited universities will be admitted without a qualifying GRE score if they have a minimum 2.75 GPA for all previous coursework (undergraduate and graduate) and a valid teaching certificate for elementary education. A copy of the certificate must be submitted with the application.
- Graduate of an Out-of-State Institution of Higher Education
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees from all other accredited universities with a GPA lower than 2.75 (undergraduate and graduate) must achieve a GAP (GRE score multiplied by the undergraduate GPA) score of 2200 or higher and a GRE Analytical Writing score of 3.5 or higher and have a valid teaching certificate for elementary education. A copy of the certificate must be submitted with the application.
Applicants to the MAE program in Elementary Education must hold or be eligible to hold a teaching certificate at the elementary level OR have a valid elementary program on file with the Office of Teacher Services. (Note: Conversion program must be completed prior to or simultaneously with the MAE.)
Applicants whose certificates have expired may be admitted, but they may enroll for only six hours before they must apply to the EPSB for reissued certificates. After completion of six hours, a student admitted with an expired certificate must submit a copy of the reissued certificate before being allowed to register for any additional courses.