Environmental Health and Safety Certificate
In order to prepare a qualified workforce to address the environmental health and safety needs of today’s industries, WKU now offers a 100% online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Health and Safety.
The last few years have seen significant changes in how organizations, both public and private, view and manage environmental health and safety issues. Although the job markets for professionals, such as Environmental Science Specialists, Engineers, Technicians and Compliance Inspectors, are expected to grow as much as 27% over the next seven years (Source: Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix: Industry Report 2006-2016, an online publication of the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Statistics), the workforce to meet such a tremendous demand is not available.
The online graduate certificate in Environmental Health and Safety is ideal for individuals who are currently working in the field and would like to professionalize their experience, further their education, or advance their career.
This certificate will:
- Prepare you for this growing area of employment opportunities
- Enhance your resumé
- Boost your expertise
- Curriculum offers both theory and practical application in respect to environmental issues that impact human health and the environment, health risks and hazards in the built and natural environment, environmental health and safety data analysis, monitoring, research, and communication
- Applied research and service learning on local, regional, and global scales
- Faculty that bring both formal education and personal experience
- Online delivery allows students to have maximum flexibility of scheduling school around the demands of work, home, and life.