The graduate endorsement in Elementary Mathematics requires 15 hours that may be incorporated into the Elementary Education MAE program or other graduate programs for elementary teachers:
Nine credit hours (3 courses) are required in the area of pedagogy. They include:
- ELED 571: Leadership, Math, and Technology Education (Fall)
- ELED 572: Math and Technology Methods for Diverse Learners (Spring)
- ELED 573: Math and Technology Assessment, 3 credit hours (Summer)
Mathematics Content Requirements
Six hours (two courses) are required in the content area. Certain course restrictions apply.
- *MATH 411G: Problem Solving for Elementary and Middle Grades Teachers (Fall and Spring).
- MATH 507: Math for Elementary and Middle Grades Teachers (odd summers)
- MATH 508: Number Concepts for Elementary and Middle Grades Teachers (even summers)\
*Math 411G is required for all students who did not complete MATH 411 as part of a baccalaureate program.
Choosing Content Courses
MATH 411/411G must be successfully completed at the undergraduate or graduate level. Completion of this course determines requirements for the content category.
- Students who completed MATH 411 as part of a bachelor degree program must take MATH 507 and MATH 508;
- Students who did not complete MATH 411 as an undergraduate must take MATH 411G + one additional course from the approved list.Students who completed MATH 411 as undergraduates must take both MATH 507 and 508.
Total Required Hours: 15 hours
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,