Graduate Certificate in Aging Studies
The Graduate Certificate in Aging Studies is an interdisciplinary program of study providing students with the tools to lead programs and initiatives in an aging society. The Certificate in Aging Studies program is designed for students who have received a Bachelor's degree or higher. Courses are designed to address the needs of professionals who have an interest in aging or who may currently work in the field of aging, but would like to increase their knowledge. All courses are offered in a totally online format. The Certificate requires 12 credit hours. Courses may be eligible for transfer into another graduate or post-professional program, plan of study, or curriculum.
- Provide students with a knowledge base that prepares, supports, and enhances their ability to work with a diverse population of older adults
- Prepare students for professional positions serving older adults
- Enable students to fulfill leadership roles in the public and private sectors where knowledge and expertise regarding aging populations is imperative
- Emphasize the importance and relevance of the relationship between aging populations in the community and other professional providers
- Apply knowledge of aging policies, programs and services to advocate effectively on behalf of older adults