Blackboard is the Content Management System adopted by Western Kentucky University. This system allows you to easily distribute your syllabus, course documents, student grades and other course related materials via the Internet. We encourage you to use your Blackboard (BB) course site to:
- Organize your content (Course Design)
- Manage your instructional materials to better achieve announced objectives and learning outcomes (Adaptive Release)
- Promote students interaction and cooperation (Discussion Board, Collaboration Tools)
- Integrate technology to enrich instruction and foster learner interactivity (Tegrity Classes)
- Check and assess students’ progress (Review Status, Assessment Tools)
If you are planning to start teaching online and have not had experience using BB, we recommend you to sign up for the Blackboard New Course Instructors Workshop offered by Academic Technology either online or face-to-face. If you have some experience using BB but want to learn more, you will find useful video tutorials developed by the IT Division in topics such as Adaptive Release, Assessments, Collaboration, and Course Design among others.
Our staff is available to consult individually with WKU online faculty members on questions related to the effective use of BB. To schedule a consultation, call (270) 745-2106, or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.