Required Core Courses (24 hours)
Please Note: Prerequisites are noted in parenthesis.
Elective Courses (24 hours)
In addition to courses outlined above, students must complete 24 hours of electives in combination with transferred hours relating to leadership.Courses may be selected from the list below. Additional courses may be incorporated with advisor approval:
*Or other electives as approved by our advisors.
Colonnade (39 Hours) or General Education Certification
In addition to the program specific courses previously listed, students without an A.A. or A.S from a regionally accredited school must complete 39 additional hours as part of the Colonnade Program (formerly General Education). However, students who transfer to WKU with an earned associate degree from a regionally accredited school are considered General Education Certified and are not required to complete Colonnade requirements.
Please note the following as you plan your program of study:
1. A bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 120 credit hours. Major requirements for the degree in Organizational Leadership + Colonnade requirements total 87 credits. Remaining hours may be earned through completing a Minor Program of Study, an Undergraduate Certificate, additional electives or through a combination of these options.
2. Students seeking a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership may earn no more than:
- 24 semester hours from the School of Journalism and Broadcasting
- 30 hours in courses administered by the Gordon Ford College of Business
- 12 upper-level semester hours from the Gordon Ford College of Business.
3. Students who transfer to WKU with an applied associate degree (e.g., Associate of Applied Science) receive a 12-hour waiver from the overall upper-level course requirement.
Joint Undergraduate Masters Program (JUMP)
The Organizational Leadership JUMP Program provide students the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree in approximately five years. Qualified students have the opportunity to take up to 12 credits of graduate classes as an undergraduate student (at the undergraduate tuition rate)! These 12 graduate credits fulfill both undergraduate and graduate requirements. Please contact the program advisor, Fallon Willoughby at email@example.com to learn more.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,