2017-2018-Bosnia & Herzegovina
Objectives of the Zuheir Sofia Endowed International Faculty Seminar
The ZSEIFS is a two- to three-week interdisciplinary seminar intended to provide an opportunity for targeted international development of WKU faculty members. The ZSEIFS Leader will be selected by the Office of International Programs based on his or her expertise and experience in the target country/region (for more information on the role of the ZSEIFS Faculty Leader, click here). The overarching goals of the ZSEIFS are to:
- Provide an opportunity for faculty to engage in an interdisciplinary dialogue centering on the target country/region.
- Encourage the creation of new courses, modules in existing courses, and occasional assignments and references in the full spectrum of courses as a result of this experience.
- Encourage strengthening of existing or development of new international partnerships for research, teaching, or exchange.
- Internationalize curriculum, especially freshman/sophomore Colonnade Courses, by offering faculty members in-country experience and the opportunity to develop country specific examples, lecture, modules, etc.
As they relate to the IYO:
- To position a core group of faculty members to successfully lead their respective colleges and the WKU campus in engaging with the selected country/region.