International Education Week
Monday, November 17
- Bubble Burst: Explore What’s Outside Your Bubble
DSU lobby (11:00-2:00)
- Get Smart About Ecuador- Fun & Facts
GRH lobby (9:30-3:30)
- I Wish Someone Had Told Me... (Study Abroad Information)
GRH 2064 (4:30-5:30)
- Japanese Movie Night featuring Gojira
GRH 1074 (6:00)
- Crude: Exploring the Complexities of Oil Extraction—A Film and Dialogue Event
Elizabethtown Historic State Theatre (7:00 ET)
Tuesday, November 18
- GlobeTrot- Discover the World, One Residence Hall at a Time Select WKU Residence Halls (5:00-7:00)
Wednesday, November 19
- From the Hilltop to the Global Job Market
DSU 3020 (4:30-6:00)
- Painting Matryoshka: A Russian Nesting Doll
FAC 259 (6:00-9:00)
Thursday, November 20
- Geography Awareness Day
South Campus, Room 303 (8:00-2:30)
- 8:15-9:15am – An Overview of Ecuador
- 9:45-10:45am – Study Abroad (SAGL) and Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS)
- 1:00-2:00pm –Happy Water - Niger, presented by Jonathan Oglesby
- English Department Study Abroad Fair
Cherry Hall Lobby (10:45-2:30)
Friday, November 21
- Spanish Dance Fusion (flamenco and salsa lessons)
Gordon Wilson Hall 200A (10:30-11:30)
DSU Niteclass, 11/17-11/19, 9:00-4:00 and 11/20, 9:00-12:00 (to schedule a tour contact Kay Gandy, email@example.com)
For more event details, visit OIP's calendar!
International Education Week is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide.
The objective of International Education Week at WKU is to provide opportunities for
students, faculty, staff, and community members to engage in intercultural dialogue
and experience firsthand diverse cultures and perspectives.
IEW 2014 Planning Committee
Mindy Johnson (Student Activities)
Dr. Kay Gandy (CEBS)
Dr. Sara Northerner (IEAC, IDST)
Jill Brown (LAS)
Rebekah Golla (KIIS)
Katherine Hale (SAGL)
Judith Szerdahelyi (PCAL)
Ginny Durakovich (HRL)
Ethan Sykes (HRL)
Kumi Ishii (PCAL)
Natalie Buller (Student Representative)
"International Education Week celebrates the diversity of voices that have studied abroad. It's your turn to experience international education today."
-Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
Need to promote your IEW Event?
Take advantage of University Publication's free and professional design services!
Complete a Project Request Form here and ask for your IEW marketing materials to include this year's design elements.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,