Eligibility is based on the following guidelines, which apply at the time you submit your application, the semester preceding your exchange,and while you are on exchange.
If at any time during the exchange process, you are not meeting these requirements, WKU and/or your host school can place conditions on or cancel your exchange.
NSE participation is a privilege, not a right.
Listed below are the minimal requirements for NSE participation. Some schools have their own varations, so get to know them on the Campus Profile link at NSE.org. All of these requirements are applicable at the time of application and at the completion of the term prior to your exchange:
- full-time undergraduate enrolled at WKU
- minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- minimum of 24 hours completed on your WKU transcript
- good academic standing
- no incomplete grades from previous terms
- no current or pending probationary status due to academic dishonesty or misconduct
- no outstanding financial obligations
- no current or pending probationary or disciplinary action for violation of codes of student conduct
- must not be on probation, parole, or have any pending legal judgments
EXCHANGE CREDITS AND GRADES - Credit hours and grades are calculated into the cumulative GPA.
What is NSE? Learn More.
The NSE website provides the most detailed information about all of your exchange opportunities.
- RA Exchange Deadline for Fall 2014:
November 26, 2013
- Priority Deadline for Fall 2014:
February 14, 2014
- Application Fee of $200
Required after interview
Advising and Guidance
- For individuals or groups to get you rolling with the NSE process, set up an appointment with the WKU NSE Advisor.
- Appointment Hours:
- Mondays: 10 am - 1 pm
- Wednesdays: 12:30 - 2:30 pm
- Thursdays: 9 ?11 am
- In partnership with the Career Services Center,appointments may be held at Downing University Center A-230. Make sure to confirm your appointment location with the NSE advisor.
The information on this website is provided for your convenience, but the WKU NSE Student Manual is the official source for all guidelines, rules and procedures for decisions related to your participation in NSE. It is expected that you will review this handbook.
WKU is not liable for accidents or injuries sustained in transit to host schools or during the exchange program. Make sure you have adequate major medical insurance coverage. WKU is not liable for any dissatisfaction with an exchange placement or experience.