- KRS (About Us)
- KRS (Contact Us)
- Back to CHHS Home
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Academic Advising and Retention Center
WKU Information for:
The minor in Nonprofit Administration (reference number 422) prepares students for careers in, and service to, the nonprofit sector. Students take courses from several departments and programs of study to gain needed nonprofit competencies and experiences.
WKU is an affiliate of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance which provides our students the opportunity to earn the national certification in Nonprofit Management and Leadership and the CNP (Certified Nonprofit Professional) credential. Please see Dr. Poff for details.
Admission to the Nonprofit Administration minor requires an advising appointment with the program coordinator, Dr. Raymond Poff, (270) 745-2498.
This minor consists of 22-25 hours including the following required courses:
- REC 220 Intro to Nonprofit Organizations
- MGT 333 Mgt of Nonprofit Organizations
- ACCT 200 Financial Accounting or REC 402 Fiscal Practices or SPM 402 Fiscal Practices
- REC 460 Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
- REC 494 Nonprofit Conference (requires attendance at national Alliance Management/Leadership Institute)
- REC 496 (150-300 hours of internship experience for 3-6 credit hours) Nonprofit Internship
No more than 13 hours from any prefix may be used to fulfill the minor requirements. (exception can be made for students taking a 6 credit hour REC 496) Some courses may have prerequisites.
For more information about the program, please contact Dr. Raymond Poff
To learn more
Contact Dr. Raymond Poff