WKU recognizes Ogden Foundation Scholar, other top students
|Author: WKU News|
Date: Saturday, May 13th, 2017
WKU presented the Ogden Foundation Scholar award and recognized other top students Saturday during undergraduate ceremonies of its 181st Commencement.
McGavinn Brown of Franklin, who received a bachelor’s degree in History and Political Science with a 4.0 grade-point average, was named the Ogden Foundation Scholar, WKU’s top undergraduate award. He is a graduate of the Mahurin Honors College.
Brown, the son of Kelly Brown and the late Mark Brown, has served as a WKU Spirit Master for two years and is the founder and president of Inklings Book/Humanities Club. His awards and honors include the History Department Graduating Senior of the Year Award, A.M. Stickles Award for Excellence in History, Carlton Jackson Award in American Social and Cultural History and the Lowell H. Harrison Award for Excellence in History.
He has more than 250 hours of service to WKU through ambassadorial work and helped organize a philanthropic event/fundraiser for the Bowling Green Boys and Girls Club.
Brown also was recognized as a scholar of the Potter College of Arts & Letters and was one of 44 Scholars of the College honored on Saturday. (More: Commencement photos)
Scholar of the College
The Scholar of the College is the baccalaureate degree student in each undergraduate college with the highest cumulative overall grade point average and a minimum of 60 semester hours earned in residence.
Potter College of Arts & Letters
- Elon Justice of Pikeville, a Broadcasting major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Linda and Rusty Justice.
- McGavinn Brown of Franklin, a double major in Political Science and History, Mahurin Honors College graduate and son of Kelly Brown and the late Mark D. Brown.
- Sarah Burnett of Louisville, a Criminology major, Mahurin Honors College graduate, daughter of Selinda and Craig Burnett and fiancée of Elijah Essa.
- Andreanna Christopulou of Bowling Green, a double major in Criminology and Economics and daughter of Maria Bonita Bikaki and Dimitris Christopoulos.
- Andrea Gray of Hopkinsville, a Music major and daughter of Andrew Gray and the late Melissa Gray.
- Taylor Hillard of Beaver Dam, a Communication Studies major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Sandy and Greg Hillard.
- Megan Sampson of Highland Heights, an English for Secondary Teachers major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Victoria and Joseph Sampson.
- Catherine Rice of Bowling Green, an Advertising major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Dr. Nancy Caudill Rice and Lt. Col. Laurence Rice Jr.
- Grace Therrell of Collierville, Tennessee, an English major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Peggy and Keith Therrell.
- Jordan Upton of Alvaton, a Broadcasting major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and son of Jennifer and John Upton.
- Lydia Copenhaver of Sammamish, Washington, an Interdisciplinary Studies major, daughter of Georgia and the late Stanley White and spouse of Steve Copenhaver.
- Christina Link of Adairville, an Interdisciplinary Studies major and daughter of Gwen and Mike Link.
College of Health and Human Services
- Megan Bruner of London, a Communication Disorders major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Melissa Bruner.
- Elexia Campbell of Shepherdsville, a Dental Hygiene major, daughter of Kimberly Curry and Matthew Campbell and spouse of Francisco Arcos Jaramillo.
- Chloe Carr of Harrisburg, Illinois, a Recreation Administration major and daughter of James Carr.
- Samantha Coyle of Pepperell, Massachusetts, a Communication Disorders major and daughter of Laura and Steven Coyle.
- Sierra Fields of Morgantown, a Communication Disorders major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Michelle and Greg Fields.
- Keagan Keen of Elizabethtown, an Exercise Science major and daughter of Shannon and Gary Keen.
- Miranda Kittinger of Versailles, a Communication Disorders major, Mahurin Honors College graduate, daughter of Vickie and Kurt Kittinger and fiancée of Jacob Booher.
- Kennedy McAlpin of Somerset, a Communication Disorders major, daughter of Gayla and Bob McAlpin and fiancée of Aaron Hall.
- Kayleigh McQuerry of Elizabethtown, a Nursing major and daughter of Alicia and David McQuerry.
- Madelyn Murrell of Columbia, a Communication Disorders major and daughter of Jamie and Randal Murrell.
- Kelsay Scott of Greensburg, a Communication Disorders major and daughter of Amanda and Daniel Scott.
- Madison Trent of Irvington, a Nursing major and daughter of Rebecca and Jonathan Curry and Jeff Jones.
- Nicky Williams of Cox’s Creek, a Communication Disorders major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Jamie and Tony Williams.
- Abby Watkins of Bowling Green, a Hospitality and Dietetics major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Renee and Brian Watkins.
Gordon Ford College of Business
- Titus Carter of Lafayette, Tennessee, a Management major and son of Cynthia and Joe Carter.
- Elijah Essa of Louisville, a Finance major, Mahurin Honors College graduate, son of Susan and David Essa and fiancé of Sarah Burnett.
Ogden College of Science and Engineering
- Christina Bozarth of Owensboro, a Biology major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Tammy and Mark Bozarth.
- Adrianne Buckles of Elizabethtown, a Biology major and daughter of Kathy and Adrian Buckles.
- Christine Burkeen of Bowling Green, a Middle Grades Mathematics major and daughter of Trudy and Phil Burkeen.
- Morgan Cash of Union, a Biology major and daughter of Darlene and Daniel Cash.
- Jasen Davis of Shepherdsville, a Biology major, Mahurin Honors College graduate, son of Cynthia Davis and grandson of Jean Lewis.
- Michael Goedde of Owensboro, a scholar of two colleges receiving concurrent degrees with a major in Biochemistry and a major in Spanish and son of Carol and Dan Goedde. He also is a scholar of the Potter College of Arts & Letters.
- Brent Harney of Lexington, a Biology major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and son of Diane and Bruce Harney.
- Catherine Luna of Bowling Green, a double major in Psychological Science and Music, Mahurin Honors College graduate, daughter of Donna and Kevin Woosley and spouse of Brian Luna
- Erica Plummer of Paris, a double major in Biology and Chemistry, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Beth and Mark Plummer.
- Brooke Simmons of Fountain Run, a Biology major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Carla Turner and Billy Simmons.
- Cory Smith of Whitesville, a Civil Engineering major, Mahurin Honors College graduate, son of Pam and Donny Smith and fiancé of Brianna Johnson.
- Shelby Wade of Clarkson, a Biology major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and daughter of Stacy Bibelhauser and Steve Wade.
- Franklyn Wallace of Georgetown, who is receiving concurrent degrees in Biochemistry and Chemistry, Mahurin Honors College graduate and son of Jennifer and Keith Wallace.
- William White of Scottsville, a Mechanical Engineering major, Mahurin Honors College graduate and son of Robin and Todd White.
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- Lizetta Cornwell of Peewee Valley, an Elementary Education major, Mahurin Honors College graduate daughter of Diane Cornwell.
- Amber Smith of Leitchfield, an Elementary Education major, daughter of Mary and Doug Smith and fiancée of Rance Whobrey.
Contact: Registrar, (270) 745-3351
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
Nine WKU undergraduate research students are authors on a manuscript published in the July issue of PLOS ONE, the world’s first multidisciplinary Open Access journal.
Sunday, August 20th and Monday, August 21st
Saturday, August 19th
Sodexo has made a gift commitment to WKU to establish the Sodexo Scholarship Fund to support their employees, as well as their dependents, in the pursuit of higher education at any campus of WKU.
The annual faculty and staff awards were presented Friday morning at WKU’s 2017 opening convocation.
WKU President Timothy C. Caboni outlined the strategic planning process for WKU’s future as well as new initiatives being implemented this fall during the annual Faculty Staff Convocation Friday.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,