If I am denied admission by the Graduate Office, can I still get into this program?
For the MSETM program, students who are denied regular admission may apply for alternative admission by completing and submitting these documents:
1. Three letters of recommendation/reference from former or current supervisory or
academic professionals who can attest to your motivation, skills and abilities in
regards to completion of the program.
2. A one or two page statement of purpose regarding your intentions for obtaining the degree and future career goals that would be supported by the master's degree. This document would also serve as a writing sample for admission.
3. A professional resume or vita.
With alternative admission, the graduate faculty vote on the admission and may decide
to accept the application with full standing, with conditions, or deny the application
based upon the above and with consideration of the following criteria:
1. Successful completion of graduate level work from other institutions or as a non-degree seeking student.
2. Previous and/or current interaction with graduate faculty.
3. Test scores and/or GPA in the major field of study.
If accepted with conditions, the typical criteria is to maintain at least a 3.5 GPA through the first 12 hours of the program.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,