How to Make Yourself Happy - Right Now
|Author: Shelly Nolloth|
Date: Thursday, June 2nd, 2011
|Return to Archive|
1. Tune in to your body
Whenever you feel any pain, fatigue, or anxiety, figure out what's causing it.In order to be happy, you need to feel good physically, Chopra says.So if you're exhausted, say, ask your husband to help so you can take a break.
2. Be Switzerland
"You can save 99 percent of your psychological energy-and feel happier-if you can stop defending your point of view," says Chopra.
Instead of always pushing your way of thinking and setting up a tense win-or-lose situation, say, "I see your point of view."
Listening to other sides will improve your relationships and make you feel calmer and sunnier, too.
3. Give yourself a pep talk
Try this instant confidence builder: Look in the mirror and say out loud or to yourself, "I am immune to criticism, I am beneath no one, I am fearless."
It may make you giggle, but repeating this mantra helps people stand taller, according to Chopra.
4. Embrace the right now
We know you've heard it before, but enjoying the moment rather than dwelling on future worries is a lasting mood booster.
If you start to drift, say to yourself, "Focus on the present."
That will help snap you back to the good stuff in front of you.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 20th - May 26th
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.