Drinkaware Responds To BMJ Study Showing The Link Between Alcohol And Cancer, UK
Date: Tuesday, April 12th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
Responding to a study in the British Medical Journal showing one in 10 cancers in men and one in 33 in women across Western Europe are caused by drinking, Chris Sorek, Chief Executive of alcohol awareness charity, Drinkaware Says: "We know people are often surprised to hear there is a link between alcohol and cancer - Drinkaware research shows under a third (30%) of adults are aware that mouth cancer can be a serious consequence of drinking to excess.* Today's findings in the British Medical Journal are a startling reminder that drinking too much alcohol can have a range of detrimental effects on people's health.
They also confirm the importance of making consumers aware of the health risks associated with drinking to excess. "Making sure people know about units and the number of them in their favourite drinks is an important step to helping them keep track of their drinking. And understanding the daily unit guidelines of 2-3 units for women and 3-4 units for men will help people make healthy decisions about their drinking which reduce their risk levels. *Drinkaware's annual KPI survey, conducted by Ipsos MORI Social Research Institute.
Data are based on a total of 4164 interviews conducted amongst UK adults between 14th October and 19th November 2010. Data are also weighted to be representative of the UK in terms of gender, age, work status and ethnicity.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.