Graduate Certificate in Sustainability Approved
|Date: Friday, July 25th, 2014||Return|
Recognizing the need to anticipate and comply with ever-changing legislation, the Gordon Ford College of Business has developed a Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability, which was formally approved by the WKU Board of Regents today.
“Sustainability is one the fastest growing employment opportunities in the business world,” said Dr. Jeffrey Katz, Dean of the Gordon Ford College of Business. “This graduate certificate provides necessary preparation for business professionals and others seeking a comprehensive background in sustainability issues as related to business.”
The graduate certificate will allow students to study the international standards of sustainability which affect businesses, including compliance, metrics, supply chain issues, and marketing strategies. The certificate comprises one core course and three elective courses for a total of 12 credit hours.
“Businesses are moving from corporate social responsibility to corporate social opportunity,” said Dr. Brian Sullivan, Associate Professor of Management. “The focus is on governing responsible business in a global world.”
The WKU MBA program has led the Commonwealth in integrating sustainability classes into a graduate business program.
“We started with an emphasis in sustainability three years ago in the fulltime MBA program,” according to Dr. Bob Hatfield, Associate Dean of Graduate Programs and Research in the Gordon Ford College of Business. “Our next step is to take now our expertise in business sustainability and offer it nationally through our highly ranked online MBA program.”
This graduate certificate will allow students with graduate standing to study the issues of sustainability which affect businesses, including supply chain issues, compliance, metrics, and sustainability marketing strategies. The certificate comprises one core course and three elective courses for a total of 12 credit hours. Students can complete the certificate either as a stand-alone certificate or as part of an MBA degree.
Students have three options to earn the MBA. Contact April Schleig at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270.745.5458 for detailed information about these options.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
When leaving for the summer, donít forget to take your bicycle!
The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky has been named to The Washington Postís list of top-performing schools with elite students for the seventh consecutive year.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,