The WKU Kentucky Public Health Association Chapter Wins Award 6 Years in a Row
|Date: Friday, May 30th, 2014||Return|
The WKU KPHA Student Chapter won the KPHA award for Best Student Chapter in KY for the 6th year in a row. WKU’s College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) had a number of undergraduate and graduate students who attended the 66th Annual Kentucky Public Health Association Conference (KPHA), which was held on April 14-17, 2014 in Louisville, KY. The 2014 conference theme was Embracing the Future of Public Health.
The purpose of the student chapter of KPHA is to promote and create awareness of public health issues both on campus and in our community. KPHA’s mission is to increase public health awareness through community education and champion legislation that improves the welfare of the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Student members attending the conference presented posters and gave oral presentations on research. The presentations gave students an opportunity to present current public health issues to public health professionals from around the state. The students also had a chance to network with other public health students and professionals.
“The KPHA conference gave me an opportunity to present a poster and an oral presentation on Self Esteem research, which I had been working with faculty on all year.” Mackenzie Perkins (Hopkinsville, KY), WKU KPHA Historian and Master of Public Health student.
“Being an international student and attending my first conference within the United States, gave me extensive exposure to public health concepts at a state level.” Gargya Malla (Southern India), WKU Master of Public Health student.
At the KPHA Conference, there were also awards given to Dr. Grace Lartey and Dr. Emmanuel Iyiegbuniwe, who are WKU Faculty from the Department of Public Health.
“The KPHA Conference is always a wonderful experience for public health students, staff, and professionals. I was so excited for our student chapter winning the Best Student Chapter Award for the 6th year in a row. I was also amazed I received an award. I cannot wait until next year to bring even more students to the event.” Dr. Grace Lartey.
Dr. Gretchen Macy and Dr. Cecilia Watkins are faculty sponsors of the WKU, KPHA Student Chapter.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Relocate Vehicles by 5 PM Friday
5/31 - 6/1
Need to reach us over the summer? Don't forget that our hours change! Click to find full dates and times of opening.
Eura Shin, a second-year student at The Gatton Academy, has received a funded summer internship in Germany through a competitive, international scholarship.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,