450 Students Participated in 2014 Winter Super Saturdays
|Author: Zack Ryle|
Date: Wednesday, February 26th, 2014
Rockets were launching, super heroes were finding their voices and scientists were conducting experiments each Saturday in February on WKU’s campus.
The Center for Gifted Studies’ Winter Super Saturdays hosted 450 first through eighth graders from three states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from February 1 to 22.
During the program, which took place on WKU’s Main and South campuses in Bowling Green and at the Kentucky Science Center in Louisville, students participated in one of 35 classes. Young students could be found learning in Camp Learn –A-Lot and Adventures with Dr. Seuss. Engineering was the focus for students in Bridging the Gap with Bridge Building and Carnival Camp Rides.Scientists of all ages experimented in classes like and while other students explored their creative sides Acting Up (is Fun) and Music, Art and Storytelling.
Though these enrichment courses varied greatly in topic, all encouraged children to explore their interests in a challenging, yet nurturing environment.
To see pictures of this year’s Winter Super Saturdays, go online to http://www.flickr.com/photos/giftedstudieswku/collections/72157640397739294/
The hands-on, mind-on learning Super Saturdays is well known for will continue in fall 2014 and winter 2015. For more information, visit our website at www.wku.edu/gifted or contact Zack Ryle at 270-745-3014 or Zachary.firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of particpants for press releases can be made available by contacting Zack Ryle.
Located on the WKU campus in Bowling Green, The Center for Gifted Studies has been serving children who are gifted and talented, their educators, and their parents for more than 30 years. The Center provides exciting educational opportunities for gifted young people, rigorous professional development for teachers, and support for parents of gifted young people. Under the direction of Dr. Julia Link Roberts, The Center has become one of the preeminent centers for gifted education in the United States. The Center believes that when gifted young people meet their extraordinary potential, our communities, our state, our nation—even our world—become better places. That is why each school year, The Center renews its commitment to encouraging excellence by providing quality programming and resources for gifted students, their teachers, and their parents.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
You only need an Housing Non Premium Permit.
See Map of Housing Non Premium and Housing Premium Zones
Bridge the gap between school and real-world experience by applying for a Faculty-Undergraduate Student Engagement (FUSE) Grant.
Announcement regarding last minute addition to class schedule: Musical Theatre Ensemble.
Announcement about Theatre & Dance Convocation for Fall 2014 semester.
Detailed information about an upcoming audition for Six Characters in Search of an Author