Social Work Senior Honored by Student Government Association
|Date: Friday, February 14th, 2014||Return to Archive|
Eric Wills, a graduating senior from the Department of Social Work, was recently honored as an inductee into the Student Government Association’s Society for Distinguished Graduates in recognition of his passion and commitment to campus life as well as to the betterment of the broader community.
A bright, civic-minded student, Mr. Wills effectively balanced his work and family obligations with his service activities and academic commitments.
He was an active member of the Social Work Student Union providing volunteer hours, participating in community events, and engaging in fund raising efforts for local community-based organizations; and as an intern at the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS), Mr. Wills worked with Warren County families to support their stability and independence, and developed an innovative project to extend public transportation options to families receiving services from DCBS.
Complementary to this work, he created the first-of-its-kind Arabic language study group at WKU in his role as a Resident Assistant. He worked summers at the Center for Courageous Kids in Scottsville, providing support to medically challenged children and their families. And, as a member of the ALIVE Center’s Student Ambassadors of Service program, he was involved in a variety of service opportunities including events related to raising awareness about hunger and homelessness; and wrote an article featured in the ALIVE Center’s Progression Through Partnerships magazine about the local nonprofit organization, HOTEL INC., that works to promote and sustain families in the region.
Presently, he is seeking an entry level caseworker position to gain some additional experience in the field and will be applying to begin a social work graduate program in the fall. Ultimately, he plans to provide clinical services to military families.
Mr. Wills exemplifies the qualities and characteristics the Department of Social Work hopes to cultivate in its graduates. And, as a representative of the College and the University, we should be confident that he will continue to be a civic-minded leader who will bring the same passion and commitment he has had as a student to his work in the community.
Congratulations to Eric Wills!
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
January 26th, 2015
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,