Street and Lot Closings During Homecoming Parade
|Date: Thursday, October 24th, 2013||Return to Archive|
The Homecoming Parade will be held on Friday, October 25th from 5:00pm until approximately 6:00pm. Please note the changes to traffic patterns and street closings to create a safe parade route. The parade begins on College Heights Boulevard near Parking Structure 1, goes up College Heights Boulevard, turns left onto State Street, and ends at Fountain Square Park in downtown Bowling Green. For a map of the parade route and road closings, click HERE.
Road closings during staging for the parade (3:15 PM – 5:00 PM):
- Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic beginning at 3:30 p.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 6:00 p.m.
- Parade entries will be arriving on University Boulevard from Nashville and Russellville Roads. Expect delays along University Boulevard from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- College Heights Boulevard between Colonnade Drive and University Blvd will close beginning at 4:00 p.m. Vehicles traveling College Heights Boulevard will be detoured onto Hilltop and Colonnade Drives.
Road closings during the parade (5:00 PM – 6:00 PM):
- All of College Heights Boulevard will be closed.
- Hilltop Drive and Colonnade Drive will not be accessible during the parade. Traffic exiting Colonnade Drive will be required to turn right onto State Street.
- State Street will be closed from College Heights Boulevard to Fountain Square Park in downtown Bowling Green.
Parking Lots Affected by Event:
- Vehicles parked in Diddle North, Diddle South, South Lawn, or Poland Lot will not be able to exit onto Avenue of Champions from 3:15 p.m. until the completion of the parade.
- For vehicles parked in PS1, vehicles must use the Avenue of Champions exit and detour through the North Diddle Lot to University Blvd beginning at 3:15PM. The College Heights Boulevard exit will be closed beginning at 4:00 PM.
- Vehicles parked in the College Heights Blvd housing lot will not be allowed to exit beginning at 4:00 PM.
- Vehicles parked in Wetherby Lot, Schneider Lot, and HUB Lot will not be allowed to exit onto College Heights Boulevard during the parade.
- Vehicles parked in the College Hill Lot must use the College Street exit during the parade.
Please direct any questions to Parking and Transportation Services at 270-745-2361 or email@example.com.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Learn how your sleep and sleep habits can decrease your health and raise your health risks!
Many of us drive on a daily basis. Find out the stats on how many people are driving drowsy and why it is important to get enough rest.
Learn about burning fat and whether or not you can control where you lose it!