- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
Center for Financial Success Approved by Board of Regents
|Date: Tuesday, July 30th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Recognizing the increased need for financial literacy among students and the community, the Gordon Ford College of Business has developed the Center for Financial Success, which was formally approved today by the WKU Board of Regents. This Center has been functioning as the Financial Success Initiative since 2011, assisting students, faculty, staff, and the community with personal financial needs. It is one of six Centers of Excellence housed in the GFCB.
The Center for Financial Success will aid the University as well as the regional community in becoming financially informed, financially independent, and financially responsible through faculty expertise and partnerships between the GFCB and financial entities such as Service One Credit Union and the Financial Planning Association of Kentuckiana. The Center’s three main programs will focus on individual financial counseling, community outreach, and professional development.
Andrew Head, director of the Center, intends to spend the fall semester increasing publicity and awareness of the activities of the Center.
"I expect to significantly expand our peer-to-peer counseling program and make presentations to campus and community groups," Head said. "We also intend to expand our community partnerships.
One of the partnerships Head has established with the Financial Planning Association of Kentuckiana will allow the Center to sponsor "Financial Planning Day" at the Carroll Knicely Center on Saturday, October 19. The event will be free to the public and allow the community to meet with a Certified Financial Planner and attend seminars on topics such as estate planning and the Affordable Care Act.
"The Center for Financial Success matches the applied mission of the Gordon Ford College of Business but goes beyond the confines of Grise Hall to engage the broader community and promises to positively impact Kentuckians all across the region," said Jeffrey Katz, Dean of the GFCB.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!
Sr. Vir Patel earned the Secondary Student Technology Award, alumnus William Roach-Barrette earned the Post-Secondary Student Technology Award, and The Gatton Academy earned the Secondary Educational Institution Technology Award along with the LaRue Co.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,