Three geoscience graduate students from WKU’s Department of Geography and Geology gave presentations on June 19 related to their thesis research under the direction of Dr. Michael May, Professor of Geology.
|Date: Tuesday, June 25th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire will begin July 9 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
Summer, more than any other season of the year, is a time for stargazing. Whether you are lucky enough to observe from a rural setting or find yourself looking skyward from a brightly lit town, this show is designed to help you become more familiar with the star patterns visible in the summer evenings. Share with us the glory of the celestial sphere as we look for ways to help identify them and remember the patterns they make.
Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire will be presented at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 25. Admission is free; please note that the show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted.
Follow the Hardin Planetarium on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardin-Planetarium/135006486688692 or Twitter at https://twitter.com/HPlanetarium
Here is the schedule for Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire:
- Tuesday, July 9 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 14 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 23 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 28 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 30 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 1 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 4 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 8 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 11 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 15 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 18 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 25 2 p.m.
Contact: Ronn Kistler, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
June 29th and 30th
Starting Wednesday, June 22nd
For the second year in a row, The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science earned second place in the Kentucky State Envirothon Competition, scoring the highest overall on both the Wildlife and Aquatics exams.
Eighty-six students from The Carol Martin Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky are involved in some form of summer learning. From research internships to study abroad to robust community service projects, students are gearing up for busy
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,