WKU Participates in BIO
|Author: Lynn Minton|
Date: Thursday, June 6th, 2013
The BIO Conference, held in Chicago this year, attracts the biggest names in biotech, offers key networking and partnering opportunities, and provides insights and inspiration on the major trends affecting the industry.
More than 1,600 exhibitors, 16,000 biotech executives and scientists and industry leaders from more than 65 nations attended the event. Also featured were keynote addresses and teaching sessions from key policymakers, scientists, CEOs and celebrities.
Studies show that entrepreneurs like those at BIO are helping drive the economy in Kentucky. One of Kentucky’s important tools for attracting entrepreneurs is the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Matching Funds Program. The initiative helps support Kentucky’s small high-tech businesses as they explore the potential of their technology and the ability to commercialize it. The program, the most comprehensive of its type in the nation, matches both Phase 1 and Phase 2 federal awards.
Governor Beshear attended the convention and met with high-tech startups, bioscience and healthcare entrepreneurs, encouraging them to move their ideas, companies and jobs to the Commonwealth.
“Determined entrepreneurs with innovative products and services are so important in keeping Kentucky’s economy on the right track,” said Gov. Beshear. “The annual BIO convention not only showcases cutting-edge technologies and startup companies from the Commonwealth, it also lets us show the world how Kentucky offers support for entrepreneurs and small businesses.”
Photo: Larry Hayes, Secretary of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development and Lynn Minton, Manager of Marketing and Business Development at WKU.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Learn how your sleep and sleep habits can decrease your health and raise your health risks!
Many of us drive on a daily basis. Find out the stats on how many people are driving drowsy and why it is important to get enough rest.
Learn about burning fat and whether or not you can control where you lose it!