'Two Small Pieces of Glass' opens Feb. 12 at Hardin Planetarium
|Date: Tuesday, January 29th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Two Small Pieces of Glass, an experience that combines a 360-degree immersive “full dome” movie with interactive demonstrations introducing how telescopes help us learn of our place in the cosmos, opens Feb. 12 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2 p.m. Sundays through March 24. Admission is free and the 40-minute program is suitable for all ages. Note that the show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted.
About the show: The movie follows two teenage students who attend a star party. While looking through the astronomer’s telescope, the students, along with the planetarium audience, explore Jupiter’s moons, Saturn’s rings, spiral structure of galaxies and how the largest observatories in the world use these telescopes to explore the mysteries of the universe. Together we learn telescopes work and how the telescope has helped us understand our place in space and how telescopes continue to expand our understanding of the universe.
Show times and dates are:
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 14, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 17, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 21, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 24, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 5, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 10, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 12, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 24, 2 p.m.
Contact: Richard Gelderman or Ronn Kistler, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
12/12 and 12/13
Saturday, December 14th
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.