2013 College Goal Sunday Jan. 13 at WKU
|Date: Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013||Return|
WKU will be one of 17 sites across Kentucky hosting College Goal Sunday events on Jan. 13.
College Goal Sunday, which provides free help to families applying for college financial aid, will begin at 2 p.m. at WKU’s Mass Media and Technology Hall Auditorium. (For a list of all locations, visit http://www.kasfaa.com/cgs/locations.htm). All attendees will be eligible to enter into a drawing for a chance to win a scholarship that can be used at any Kentucky school.
At College Goal Sunday, financial aid professionals from Kentucky will help students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the form students must submit to receive federal and state student aid.
College Goal Sunday is sponsored by the Kentucky Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (KASFAA). It is funded by the Lumina Foundation for Education, the YMCA and KnowHow2GoKY.org.
“This is a premier event that provides Kentuckians with both informational and financial resources to reach their postsecondary educational goals,” said KASFAA President Chris Tolson. “With the assistance of the financial aid experts at College Goal Sunday students can submit the FAFSA in timely manner, enabling them to qualify for thousands of dollars in financial aid, including a variety of grants and loans.”
According to the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA), participation in state aid programs has more than quadrupled since the 1990s. In the 2011‐2012 academic year, KHEAA disbursed $197.6 million in higher education grants and scholarships to nearly 96,800 students. Students who file the FAFSA before early February have the best chance of receiving these funds.
What to bring: Students are encouraged to attend College Goal Sunday with a parent or guardian. They should bring their and their parents’ completed 2012 IRS 1040 tax returns and any other 2012 income and benefit information. If families have not completed their taxes, they should bring their 2011 IRS 1040 tax forms and last paycheck stubs from 2012 so that financial aid professionals will be able to show families how to use estimated information to submit the FAFSA and how to go back and update their information once taxes are completed. Everything else — pens, pencils and FAFSA worksheets — will be provided.
For information about College Goal Sunday, call 1‐888‐4‐KASFAA (1‐888‐452‐7322).
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
On Saturday (May 16), 61 students representing 37 counties from across Kentucky were recognized during The Gatton Academyís eighth graduation ceremony in Van Meter Hall.
Seniors Brian Carlson, Ben Guthrie, Paul Hudson, Ben Riley and junior Rohan Deshpande were members of the team who traveled to Washington, D.C. to compete at the 25th National Science Bowl.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,