- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
2 photojournalism students qualify for national semifinals in Hearst program
|Author: Tommy Newton|
Date: Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
In the news and features category, Jabin Botsford, a senior from Knoxville, Tenn., placed second and received a $2,000 award. Adam Wolffbrandt, a Lexington senior, placed sixth but also qualified for the semifinals because the fifth-place finisher has graduated and isn’t eligible for the semifinal round of judging next May.
The competition’s winners were selected from a record 102 entries submitted from 57 schools nationwide.
Missouri is in first place after the first of two contests in the Intercollegiate Photojournalism Competition followed by WKU, Ohio, Penn State, Arizona State, Nebraska-Lincoln, Kent State, Florida, Iowa State and Oregon.
Often called the “Pulitzers of College Journalism,” the William Randolph Hearst Foundation’s Journalism Awards Program is conducted under the auspices of accredited schools of the Association of Schools of Journalism and Mass Communication. The program, in which 106 undergraduate journalism programs across the nation are eligible to participate, consists of five monthly writing competitions, two photojournalism competitions, three broadcast news competitions and four multimedia competitions and awards up to $500,000 in scholarships and grants annually.
In 2011-12, WKU’s School of Journalism & Broadcasting won the Intercollegiate Multimedia Competition, won the Intercollegiate Photojournalism Competition for the fourth consecutive year and 20th time in 23 years and finished fourth in the Overall Intercollegiate Competition. WKU has finished among the top eight nationally in the Hearst overall rankings for 19 consecutive years and won the national title in 2005, 2001 and 2000.
Contact: School of Journalism & Broadcasting, (270) 745-4144.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!
Sr. Vir Patel earned the Secondary Student Technology Award, alumnus William Roach-Barrette earned the Post-Secondary Student Technology Award, and The Gatton Academy earned the Secondary Educational Institution Technology Award along with the LaRue Co.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,