8 more complete WKU doctoral degree in educational leadership
|Date: Wednesday, December 5th, 2012||Return|
The doctoral recipients and other graduates of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences will be recognized during the 9:30 a.m. ceremony at Diddle Arena. (More: Check out a preview of Commencement activities.)
Fall 2012 recipients of WKU’s Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership are:
- Margaret Crowder of Franklin, instructor in WKU’s Department of Geography and Geology. Her dissertation topic was The University as a Gendered Organization: Effects on Management Type, Climate, and Job Satisfaction.
- Kristie Broadbent Guffey of Smiths Grove, agricultural instructor at WKU-Glasgow Campus. Her dissertation topic was An Analysis of the Factors that Influence Global Mindedness in First-Year College Students.
- Jace Lux of Bowling Green, director of Forensics at WKU. His dissertation topic was The Impact of Competition in College Forensics on Future Careers.
- Annette Parker of Lexington, System Director of Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Her dissertation topic was Key Factors and Stages of Collaboration between Community Colleges and the Automotive Industry Sector Partnerships.
- Greg Ross of Paducah, principal of McNabb Elementary School. His dissertation topic was The Effects of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support on Student Discipline Referrals and Attendance.
- Chris Schmidt of Columbia, Dean of Students at Lindsey Wilson College. His dissertation topic was An Investigation of Relationships between Body Mass Index and Factors of Wellness among Full-Time Employees at Private Kentucky Colleges and Universities.
- Rhonda Simpson of Glasgow, director of Special Education at the Green County Board of Education and president of the Kentucky Council of Administrators of Special Education. Her dissertation topic was The Relationship between Reading and Mathematics Achievement of Students with Disabilities and Least Restrictive Environment Practices in Kentucky.
- Lee Ann Wall of Columbia, principal of Monroe County Area Technology Center. Her dissertation topic was An Exploratory Study of Teacher Empowerment and Technical Education in Kentucky.
More: Read more about Educational Leadership Doctoral Program’s Fall 2012 Graduates
WKU’s Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership was approved in February 2008 by the Council on Postsecondary Education with the first cohort of students admitted in July 2008. The first graduates completed the program in May 2011. The program’s ninth cohort began classes this fall.
The interdisciplinary program develops “practitioner scholars” in four specialization areas – P-12 Administrative Leadership, Teacher Leadership, Postsecondary Leadership and Organizational Leadership — and equips them to assume leadership roles in the multiple venues where education takes place and to work with educational partners to improve academic performance and increase learning at all levels.
Using blended delivery methods (including traditional face-to-face classroom settings, distance-learning formats, online platforms and on-site practicum settings), the WKU program makes it possible for students to remain in their current professional positions while completing the doctoral degree.
Contact: Tony Norman or Gaye Pearl, (270) 745-3061.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
8/4 - 8/11
8/3 at 8 PM
8/4 to 8/11