Craig Martin Researches NFL Fan Loyalty and Purchasing
|Date: Thursday, November 29th, 2012||Return|
Bowling Green, KY (November 29, 2012) – Craig Martin, Professor of Marketing and Sales in the Gordon Ford College of Business authored an article recently accepted for publication in the Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness. The article, “Investigating National Football League (NFL) Fan Loyalty,” looks at how team loyalty and social motivation influences buying habits.
More than 300 NFL fans were surveyed to determine their consumption motivation and commitment to the team. Martin’s results indicate that socially motivated consumers – those consumers who make purchases based on what others around them think – are more likely to feel a sense of belonging to their favorite team. This emotionally committed fan, in turn, is willing to express significant psychological and purchasing loyalty to the team.
Martin earned his Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Memphis. He specializes in sales and sales management, the consumer socialization of adolescents, advertising to adolescents, and sports marketing.
The Gordon Ford College of Business prepares its students for careers in accounting, economics, finance, information systems, international business, management, and marketing. For more information, visit www.wku.edu/business or call 270.745.6311.
“Like” us on Facebook (Gordon Ford College of Business) or follow us on Twitter (WKUGordonFord).
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
12/12 and 12/13
Saturday, December 14th
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.