WKU recognizes its top volunteers, alumni at annual Summit Awards
|Date: Friday, October 19th, 2012||Return to Archive|
WKU recognized its top volunteers, alumni and alumni chapters Thursday night (Oct. 18) at the annual Summit Awards.
Distinguished Service Medals to recognize the service of the University’s top volunteers were presented to Dale Augenstein of Hilton Head, S.C., Dan Murph of Bowling Green and Mike Simpson of Bowling Green.
Dorris (D.B.) and Lula Burchett of Germantown, Tenn., were recognized as WKU’s Philanthropists of the Year.
Kelsey Richey of Bowling Green is the Young Alumnus of the Year and Sally Sadler Tisdale of Louisville is the Alumna of the Year.
“Power of One” honorees for the Hilltopper Athletic Foundation membership campaign were Bob Baysinger of Glasgow, Roy Gravil of Brownsville, Michael Wang of Lexington and Scott Crutcher of Bowling Green.
The Barren County, Central Kentucky, Greater Louisville, Heartland, Muhlenberg County, Music City, Northern Kentucky and Warren County alumni chapters were recognized as Spirit of Distinction Alumni Chapters for their efforts in organizing alumni events, community service projects, student recruitment and special events.
The Summit Awards were presented at the Knicely Conference Center at WKU’s South Campus as part of Homecoming activities.
University-wide volunteer of the year awards were presented to the following:
- Michael Alvey of Owensboro, WKU-Owensboro
- Dale Augenstein of Hilton Head, S.C., Alumni Association National Alumni Board
- Dorthy Bailey of Bowling Green, Andy Burt of Bowling Green, Dale Clark of Russellville, Alicia Harrison of Bowling Green, Chelsea Kickert of Bowling Green, Bonny Petty of Bowling Green and Andrea Williams of Bowling Green, Program of Dental Hygiene Advisory Board
- Howard and Kayla Bailey of Bowling Green, Society of African American Alumni Executive Committee
- Barnes and Noble Booksellers, WKYU-PBS
- Cynthia Barrow of Morgantown, Georgena Brackett of Scottsville, Pam Gonterman of Leitchfield, Tammy Hall of Bowling Green, Darla Harwood of Bowling Green, Ronnie Hawks of Elizabethtown and Linda McNeil of Nashville, Tenn., Health Information Management Program Advisory Board
- Honorable Michael O. Buchanon of Bowling Green, President’s Board of Advisors
- Tom Caudill of Lexington, School of Journalism and Broadcasting News-Editorial Professional Advisory Committee
- Jean Cherry of Bowling Green, Connie Smith of Bowling Green and Ron Sowell of Bowling Green, College of Health and Human Services Stakeholders Advisory Board
- Connie Colter of Glasgow, Military Science Department & ROTC Alumni Association
- John Grider of Bowling Green, Kentucky Museum Advisory Council
- Vince Foushee of Glasgow, Business Executive Advisory Council of the Gordon Ford College of Business
- Dr. Joe and Barbara Higginson of Philpot, WKU Parents’ Advisory Council
- Greg and Becky Jones of Fort Wright, Honors College Parents’ Advisory Council
- Victoria Kelly of Bowling Green, The Center for Gifted Studies
- Pete Mahurin of Bowling Green, “A New Century of Spirit” Campaign Cabinet
- Dan Murph of Bowling Green, WKU President’s Office
- Ken Perdue of Beckley, W.Va., School of Leadership Studies
- Linda Pulsinelli of Bowling Green, Ogden College Dean’s Office
- Kelsey Carter Richey of Bowling Green, Young Alumni Council
- Randy Schumaker of Bowling Green, Roundtable of Industrial Leaders
- Cora Jane and Col. Robert Spiller of Oakland, WKU Public Radio
- Christine Sowders of Bowling Green, Libraries Advisory Council
- Mike Simpson of Bowling Green, College Heights Foundation Board
- Greg Stivers of Bowling Green, WKU Research Foundation Board
- Katy Tinius of Bowling Green, Alumni W-Club
- Suzanne Vitale of Bowling Green, WKU Foundation Board of Trustees
- Barry White of Alvaton, Hilltopper Athletic Foundation Board
- Donna J. Woods of Bowling Green, The Center for Gerontology
- Scott Young of Glasgow, WKU-Glasgow
Contact: Amy Miller, (270) 745-4395.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Reduce seasonal allergy symptoms in your home by following several tips.
Do you need to walk 10,000 steps a day to be healthy? The health benefits for using a pedometer.
March 12 - March 16