Kentucky Medical Group Management Association Fall Conference 2012
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Date: September 20th and 21st
Preparing for ICD-10. Bradley Carter, SVMIC.
- Deadline for implementation has been delayed to Oct 2014.
- Materials for assisting in conversion from ICD-9 to ICD-10 including forward and backward mapping. http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/2013-ICD-10-CM-and-GEMs.html
- Recommends 3-6 months of revenue as “cushion” to deal with anticipated payment delays during conversion.
Deal Breakers in Payer Contracts. Penny Noyes, Health Business Navigators
- Discussion of most common payer contract items that can be detrimental to our practice
- Proposed alternative language that protects practice’s interests
- Monitoring that payments reflect negotiated terms of agreement
Washington Legislative Update. Jeb Shepard, MGMA Government Affairs
- Current political landscape – Affordable Care Act, Sustainable Growth Rate
- Federal Quality Reporting Systems update.
- General compliance and administrative simplification updates.
KMGMA Business Meeting
- New officers installed
- 2 officers are from local practices
- Traci Duff (CHC) is President Elect
- Steve Sinclair (Graves-Gilbert) Treasurer
Kentucky Implementation of the Health Insurance Exchange & Consumer Protections.
- The exchange is a work in progress. Only skeleton of program has been defined. The exchange is scheduled to be operational in 2014.
- More information here: http://healthcarereform.ky.gov/
- KY Navigators will assist business and individuals in accessing insurance through the exchange.
KY’s New Prescription Drug Law and Upcoming State Legislative Issues. Cory Meadows, KMA
- CME requirement for prescribers: 1.5 hrs in 2013 and 1.5 hrs in 2014. Topics include KASPER use, substance abuse screening and testing, etc…
- Sanctions – may include civil liabilities for prescribers.
- KBML fact sheets on website offer guidance, but read HB1 & KBML regs.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
12/12 and 12/13
Saturday, December 14th
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.