Kentucky Medical Group Management Association Fall Conference 2012
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Date: September 20th and 21st
Preparing for ICD-10. Bradley Carter, SVMIC.
- Deadline for implementation has been delayed to Oct 2014.
- Materials for assisting in conversion from ICD-9 to ICD-10 including forward and backward mapping. http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/2013-ICD-10-CM-and-GEMs.html
- Recommends 3-6 months of revenue as “cushion” to deal with anticipated payment delays during conversion.
Deal Breakers in Payer Contracts. Penny Noyes, Health Business Navigators
- Discussion of most common payer contract items that can be detrimental to our practice
- Proposed alternative language that protects practice’s interests
- Monitoring that payments reflect negotiated terms of agreement
Washington Legislative Update. Jeb Shepard, MGMA Government Affairs
- Current political landscape – Affordable Care Act, Sustainable Growth Rate
- Federal Quality Reporting Systems update.
- General compliance and administrative simplification updates.
KMGMA Business Meeting
- New officers installed
- 2 officers are from local practices
- Traci Duff (CHC) is President Elect
- Steve Sinclair (Graves-Gilbert) Treasurer
Kentucky Implementation of the Health Insurance Exchange & Consumer Protections.
- The exchange is a work in progress. Only skeleton of program has been defined. The exchange is scheduled to be operational in 2014.
- More information here: http://healthcarereform.ky.gov/
- KY Navigators will assist business and individuals in accessing insurance through the exchange.
KY’s New Prescription Drug Law and Upcoming State Legislative Issues. Cory Meadows, KMA
- CME requirement for prescribers: 1.5 hrs in 2013 and 1.5 hrs in 2014. Topics include KASPER use, substance abuse screening and testing, etc…
- Sanctions – may include civil liabilities for prescribers.
- KBML fact sheets on website offer guidance, but read HB1 & KBML regs.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
December 5th - 6th
November 26th -November 30th
Forty parents, educators, counselors, and administrators came to Bowling Green November 5 to hear a leading authority on twice-exceptional education at the 2014 Twice-Exceptional (2e) Learners Seminar.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,