Geoscience graduate student awarded grant for research in Caribbean
|Date: Thursday, September 20th, 2012||Return to Archive|
Gilman Ouellette, a WKU geoscience graduate student from Hawley, Pa., has been awarded a $1,000 research grant from the National Speleological Society for his project titled Paleohydrology and Climate Change in the Eastern Caribbean from Barbadian Speleothems.
NSS research grants are given to qualified individuals or teams who are members of the NSS by the time the proposal is submitted for research-support in cave-related branches of study. This includes, but is not limited to, natural sciences (cave biology, geology, paleontology and hydrology), social sciences (archaeology) and the humanities (speleological history).
Ouellette is working with Hoffman Institute faculty member Dr. Jason Polk on a project examining how records of climate change found in cave formations can help to inform regional and local water resource issues and their potential future impacts on Caribbean communities.
To date, Ouellette has been awarded $4,000 in total research grants. The Department of Geography and Geology encourages its graduate students to seek research support from a variety of professional, business and academic sources, as the cost of conducting research internationally can be quite expensive.
Contact: David Keeling, (270) 745-4555.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.