WKU Theatre & Dance Opens Their Mainstage Season with Les Liaisons Dangereuses
|Author: J. Pride|
Date: Thursday, September 20th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
WKU Department of Theatre and Dance opens their Mainstage Season on September 27th with the historical thriller Les Liaisons Dangereuses. The play is based on the French novel by Choderlos de Laclos which also served as the basis for the movie Dangerous Liaisons and is recommended for mature audiences. This historical drama with a sharply modern edge will feature sumptuous period costumes designed by Associate Professor E. Shura Pollatsek.
Show times are 8 p.m. September 27-September 29 and October 1-2 with a matinee at 3 p.m. September 30th in the Russell Miller Theatre at WKU’s Ivan Wilson Fine Arts Center. Admission is $15 for adults and $12 for students. Advance tickets are available at wku.showare.com or by calling the box office at (270) 745-3121.
The play, directed by Assistant Professor Dr. Michelle Dvoskin features complex characters and many students were eager to audition. “How often, as a young actress, do you get to play a strong, powerful, woman that is so deliciously and unapologetically ruthless?” remarked Amber Turner, a senior from Park City who portrays Marquise de Merteuiland. Other cast members agreed with the striking nature of the play’s opportunities. “The characters are fascinating and the dialogue is intense,” commented McCall Logan, a senior from London, KY, “I can't resist a play that completely transports you to a different place.”
Over fifteen thousand people were entertained by the WKU Department of Theater and Dance last year. The department’s offerings include 4 Mainstage productions, 2 Mainstage dance concerts, 2 Student-choreographed dance concerts, a Children’s Theatre Series, a Studio Series of student-directed works, a Before Broadway Series featuring a staged reading of a new musical, and a Next Stage Series of showcases and works in progress.
More information about the WKU Department of Theatre and Dance can be found at www.wku.edu/theatre-and-dance or by calling the department at 270-745-5845.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.