SKyTeach students, faculty, staff attend UTeach Institute National Conference
|Date: Wednesday, June 6th, 2012||Return to Archive|
Students, faculty and staff in WKU’s SKyTeach program presented five research posters, two program promotional posters and four presentations recently at the 2012 UTeach Institute’s National Conference in Austin, Texas.
Two SKyTeach May 2012 graduates, Amar Patel of Russellville and Nicholas Neiman of Bowling Green, were awarded first place in the student research poster competition for their work Semipermeable Membranes, Diffusion and Osmosis Inquiry: Effective Modeling in a High School Classroom.
Other SKyTeach students who attended the May 29-June 1 conference were Dagan Dalton of Albany, Stephanie Burba of Magnolia, Brittany Evans of Bowling Green, Bradley Boaz of Morgantown and Aaron Young of Beaver Dam. Faculty and staff who attended were SKyTeach co-directors Les Pesterfield and Martha Day, Melissa Rudloff, Scott Bonham, Rico Tyler, David Erbach and Lisa Duffin.
The UTeach Institute was established in response to national concerns about the quality of K-12 education in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and growing interest in UTeach, the innovative teacher preparation program started in 1997 at The University of Texas at Austin.
WKU was selected as one of the first 12 UTeach replication sites in the U.S. in 2007. Currently, 29 universities are implementing UTeach programs. Faculty and staff at these universities represent a national community of experts focused on strengthening secondary STEM teacher preparation.
WKU’s SKyTeach program is the only UTeach replication program in the state of Kentucky. The SKyTeach program has graduated 42 middle and secondary mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, and earth/space science teachers since the program’s inception.
More: SKyTeach Overview
Contact: Martha Day or Les Pesterfield, (270) 745-3900.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.