iMedia students will provide Ďfusion journalismí coverage of INMA event
|Author: Tommy Newton|
Date: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
A team of nine journalists from the entrepreneurial editorial startup in the School of Journalism and Broadcasting will leave May 5 for Los Angeles. Another team of six will work remotely from Bowling Green, coordinating through Skype and other media, Director Kerry Northrup said.
The 15-person blog team will employ a technique called “fusion journalism,” representing a new vision of journalism applied in real-time situations. Western iMedia will integrate traditional storytelling with video interviews, photography and crowdsourcing social media.
Students working from Los Angeles include Austin Anderson of Benton; Cole Claybourn of Evansville, Ind.; Cameron Epperson of Louisville; Laura Haggard of Georgetown; Megan Heady of Marion; Nate Hovee of Paintsville; Lindsay Kriz of Danville; Jonathan Lintner of Louisville; and Brieonna Logsdon of Louisville.
Students working from Bowling Green include Anna Anderson of Shelbyville; Brianne Kelley of Perry Township, Ohio; Anna Williams of Davenport, Iowa; Stacie Hewitt of Mt. Juliet, Tenn.; Jacob Kasinger of Owensboro; and Ben Severance of Wilmot Flat, N.H.
Under the theme “New Oxygen, New Growth,” the INMA conference will attract more than 325 delegates from 40 countries, mostly top executives from the world’s leading newsmedia companies.
INMA will integrate social media feedback into the World Congress programming, notably on Twitter using the #inmawc hashtag. This will create an “echo chamber” for the INMA World Congress.
INMA is the world’s leading provider of global best practices and marketing ideas for newsmedia companies looking to grow amid profound market change.
Contact: Kerry Northrup, (270) 745-5140.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
On Saturday (May 16), 61 students representing 37 counties from across Kentucky were recognized during The Gatton Academyís eighth graduation ceremony in Van Meter Hall.
Seniors Brian Carlson, Ben Guthrie, Paul Hudson, Ben Riley and junior Rohan Deshpande were members of the team who traveled to Washington, D.C. to compete at the 25th National Science Bowl.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,