23 selected for Presidential Scholarships
|Date: Monday, April 16th, 2012||Return to Archive|
WKU has selected 23 students as recipients of the 2012-13 WKU Presidential Scholarship, the school’s most prestigious academic award.
The scholarship is valued at more than $15,200 annually and worth more than $61,000 during a four-year period.
The students were among 42 applicants who visited WKU March 23 for activities that included an impromptu writing exercise and an interview. In addition to demonstrating outstanding scholastic achievement at the secondary level, applicants submitted personal statements, essays and letters of recommendation as part of the selection process.
The 2012-13 Presidential Scholarship recipients are as follows:
- Luke Bosse of Harrodsburg, a senior at Mercer County High School whose parents are Paul and Leslie Bosse. Bosse plans to major in pre-veterinary medicine.
- Lizzie Brand of Bowling Green, a senior at Bowling Green High School whose parents are Marcus and Nancy Brand. Brand plans to major in communication disorders.
- Brittany Broder of St. Charles, Mo., a senior at St. Charles West High School whose parents are Bruce and Cindy Broder. Broder plans to major in pre-law.
- Kristina Burton of Russell Springs, a senior at Russell County High School whose parents are Kelly and Debbie Burton. Burton plans to major in news/editorial journalism.
- Ashley Flener of Madisonville, a senior at Hopkins County Central High School whose parents are Greg Flener and Angie Flener. Flener is undecided on a major.
- Barrett Greenwell of Bardstown, a senior at Bethlehem High School whose parents are Clarence and Sue Greenwell. Greenwell plans to major in political science and psychology.
- John Greer of Bowling Green, a senior at Greenwood High School whose parents are Bill and Carol Greer. Greer is undecided on a major.
- Courtney Hamilton of Owensboro, a senior at Daviess County High School whose parents are Dave and Dawn Hamilton. Hamilton plans to major in biology.
- Colton Hounshell of LaGrange, a senior at Oldham County High School whose parents are Travis and Chelse Hounshell. Hounshell plans to major in political science.
- Sean Jacobson of Louisville, a senior at Whitefield Academy whose parents are Bruce and Teri Jacobson. Jacobson plans to major in history.
- Jacob “Austin” Lyons of Bowling Green, a senior at Bowling Green High School whose parents are Greg and Paula Lyons. Lyons plans to major in political science.
- Jacob Marsh of Cynthiana, a senior at Harrison County High School whose parents are Leslie and Lynda Marsh. Marsh plans to major in physics and business economics.
- Patrick “Cole” McDowell of Bardstown, a senior at Bethlehem High School whose parents are Pat and Connie McDowell. McDowell plans to major in history.
- Kelsey McKim of Louisville, a senior at DuPont Manual High School whose parents are Brent McKim and Diane McKim. McKim plans to major in news/editorial journalism.
- Alex Oldham of Bowling Green, a senior at Bowling Green High School whose parents are Bill and Linda Oldham. Oldham plans to major in psychology.
- Rachel Quinn of Paris, a senior at Bourbon County High School whose parents are Michael and Tracy Quinn. Quinn plans to major in elementary education.
- Hannah Ruggles of Lexington, a senior at Lexington Catholic High School whose parents are David and Amy Ruggles. Ruggles plans to major in mechanical engineering.
- David Sams of Somerset, a senior at Somerset Christian School whose parents are Don and Perri Sams. Sams plans to major in psychology.
- Dakota Smith of Glasgow, a senior at Glasgow High School whose parents are Doug and Valorie Smith. Smith plans to major in meteorology.
- Mary-Kathryn Weaver “Mary-Kate” Smith of Louisville, a senior at Assumption High School whose parents are Eric and Susan Smith. Smith is undecided on a major.
- Alex Stewart of New Albany, Ind., a senior at New Albany High School whose parents are Paul and Sandra Stewart. Stewart plans to major in biology/pre-medicine.
- Tiffani Walton of Frankford, W.Va., a senior at Greenbrier East High School whose parents are Dave and Shannon Walton. Walton plans to major in photojournalism.
- Corbin Wilson of Calhoun, a senior at McLean County High School whose parents are Brian and Christy Wilson. Wilson is undecided on a major.
Contact: Andy Wagoner, (270) 745-2755.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,