Major Verification Changes for 2012-2013
|Date: Thursday, March 22nd, 2012||Return to Archive|
Major Verification Changes for 2012-2013
As of the 2012-2013 academic year, KHEAA Verify has been contracted to complete all verification services on behalf of WKU. All verification documentation should be submitted to KHEAA Verify who will complete the verification process. KHEAA Verify will contact the student on behalf of WKU within one week of receiving the verification documents, if the documents received are incomplete or if additional information is required to complete the verification process. Students and their parents should contact KHEAA Verify with any questions concerning the receipt of their documents or the status of their verification process, using the contact information below:
P.O. Box 4902
Frankfort, KY 40602
FAX: 502-696-7230 / Phone: 855-272-8771
As of January 1, 2012 the U.S. Department of Education will implement several changes to the 2012-2013 verification process. Beginning February 1, 2012, most students and parents who have filed their 2011 federal tax return will be able to select the IRS Data Retrieval option when completing their 2012-2013 FAFSA online, which transfers their 2011 federal tax information directly from the IRS to the FAFSA. Students /parents who complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA based on “estimated” 2011 federal tax information, are strongly encouraged to choose the IRS Data Retrieval through the correction process at FAFSA on the Web (www.fafsa.ed.gov) once their federal tax return information is available. The IRS Data Retrieval process will streamline and expedite the processing of the student’s financial aid application. Electronic filers will be able to access tax information from the IRS approximately 2 weeks after filing and paper filers need to allow 6 to 8 weeks after filing.
IRS Data Retrieval Process:
- Enter your PIN and click “Link to IRS”. (You will not be asked to enter your PIN if you entered a PIN to begin your FAFSA.)
- Your FAFSA will be saved and you will be transferred to the IRS Web site.
- On the IRS Web site, enter the requested information.
- Once the IRS has validated your identification, your IRS tax information will display. You can either transfer your information from the IRS, or choose to return to FAFSA on the Web from the IRS Web site. If you do not transfer your information or choose not to return from the IRS Website, you will have to login to open your saved FAFSA.
- If you transfer your IRS tax information, questions that are populated with tax information will be marked with “Transferred from the IRS”
A tax filer CANNOT use the IRS Data Retrieval option if:
- Student/parent does not have a valid Social Security Number (SSN)
- Student and spouse or the parents of a dependent student filed separate tax returns
- Student/parents filed a joint tax return but are now separated, divorced, or widowed
- Student/parent filed a joint tax return and the student/parent is married to someone other than the individual on the joint tax return at the time the FAFSA is filed
- Student/ parent filed an amended tax return
- Student/parent filed a foreign tax return
If a student’s 2012-2013 FAFSA is selected for verification, and if the student and/or parent choose not to use or is not eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval option, the student and/or parent will be required to submit their 2011 IRS Tax Return Transcripts. (Important: Due to new federal guidelines, IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ are no longer acceptable federal tax return documents for those students, and parents of dependent students, chosen for verification!!)
2011 IRS Tax Return Transcripts must be obtained directly from the IRS by the tax filer and can be requested, free of charge, one of five ways:
- Downloading the IRS2Go Mobile App at www.irs.gov
- Picked up at a local IRS Office (Local Bowling Green, KY office is located at 200 West Professional Park Court)
- Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946
- Order online at www.irs.gov
- Order by mail using a Form 4506-T which is available online at www.irs.gov.
See the 2012-2013 Verification Q&A for additional information about the verification process.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
You only need an Housing Non Premium Permit.
See Map of Housing Non Premium and Housing Premium Zones
Bridge the gap between school and real-world experience by applying for a Faculty-Undergraduate Student Engagement (FUSE) Grant.
Announcement regarding last minute addition to class schedule: Musical Theatre Ensemble.
Announcement about Theatre & Dance Convocation for Fall 2014 semester.
Detailed information about an upcoming audition for Six Characters in Search of an Author