Linda Heady achieves MGMA-ACMPE certification
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Tuesday, February 28th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Linda Heady, MBA, CMPE
Achieves Board Certification with the American College of Medical Practice Executives
Linda Heady, MBA, CMPE, insurance and billing coordinator at WKU Health Services has earned the professional designation of Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) from the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE). ACMPE is the standard-setting and certification division of MGMA-ACMPE.
The designation of CMPE demonstrates that Linda has achieved board certification in medical practice management. ACMPE certifies an individual's professional competence when s/he passes rigorous essay and objective examinations that assess knowledge of the broad scope of medical practice management skills sets as outlined in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management. These include business operations, financial management, human resource management, information management, organizational governance, patient care systems, quality management and risk management. The individual must also earn a minimum of 50 continuing education credit hours.
Today, 6,600 MGMA-ACMPE members are participating in ACMPE board certification and Fellowship; 600 have achieved the Fellow credential, 2,200 have achieved the CMPE credential and 3,800 are pursing board certification.
Linda has been employed with Health Services since 2007. Prior to WKU, she worked as a nursing home administrator and insurance manager. Achieving this accomplishment is a mark of distinction and demonstrates expertise in medical practice management. Health Services supports and encourages all employees to seek out relevant professional development opportunities. The Health Services staff is proud of Linda for her recent achievement.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
12/12 and 12/13
Saturday, December 14th
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.