- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
Heart Healthy and Nutrition Tips
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Monday, February 27th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Click here to view our Heart Healthy video!
Matt Atkinson, RN discusses ways to keep your heart healthy.
Wear Red - February is National Heart Month
Discover your heart health risk by using the HBP Health Risk Calculator
What is heart disease?
Heart disease - also called cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease - is a simple term used to describe several problems related to plaque buildup in the walls of the arteries, or atherosclerosis. As the plaque builds up, the arteries narrow, making it more difficult for blood to flow and creating a risk for heart attack or stroke.
Other types of heart disease include heart failure, an irregular heartbeat - or arrhythmia - and heart valve problems. To learn more about heart disease and conditions that can lead to heart disease, heart attack or stroke, click here to browse any of the cardiovascular conditions.
Watch our interactive heart failure signs and symptoms animation.
Wear Green - March is National Nutrition Month
Jump start your health and start tracking your diet and physical activity with the SuperTracker
Healthy Eating Tips
Your food and physical activity choices each day affect your health - how you feel today, tomorrow, and in the future.
These tips and ideas are a starting point. You will find a wealth of suggestions here that can help you get started toward a healthy diet. Choose a change that you can make today, and move toward a healthier you.
Feel free to stop by Health Services to pick up educational information and show your support by educating others and wearing a ribbon to correspond with the appropriate awareness month. Ribbons are available at WKUHS.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!
Sr. Vir Patel earned the Secondary Student Technology Award, alumnus William Roach-Barrette earned the Post-Secondary Student Technology Award, and The Gatton Academy earned the Secondary Educational Institution Technology Award along with the LaRue Co.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,