KHSAA Football Parking
|Date: Thursday, November 17th, 2011||Return to Archive|
To accommodate and welcome those attending the games, parking near the stadium as well as the Creason Lot will be reserved for game patrons, KHSAA officials and media. Alternative parking arrangements for WKU permit holders affected by these changes are described below, and a map of parking for the two-day event is available above.
What is changing?
- Parking Structure 2 and the Creason Lot will be used exclusively for paid public parking all day Dec. 2-3.
- The surface lots around Diddle Arena, as well as the South Lawn Lot and Russellville Road Lot, will be reserved parking for KHSAA officials and media Dec. 2-3.
- Parking Structure 1 will be used for paid public parking beginning with the 3 p.m. game on Friday, Dec. 2, and will be used for paid parking all day Saturday, Dec. 3. Changes also will be made to Topper Transit services during this event.
Where can I park?
- WKU faculty and staff members displaced from Diddle, South Lawn and Russellville Road lots for Friday games should utilize PS1, Jones-Jaggers, Service Supply, Mimosa, Adams Street, Kentucky Street Paved Lot, and other lots on campus.
- WKU Housing students who normally use Creason Lot should park in other housing lots or Chestnut South Lot. Cars parked in the Creason Lot must be removed by 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1. Vehicles remaining in the lot after 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, will be fined $100.
- WKU commuter students who normally use Parking Structure 2 or Chestnut South Lot should park in other Commuter lots on campus, such as the Center Street Gravel Lot, or utilize available park and ride lots at South Campus. Buses run from the Campbell Lane and South Campus lots every 5 to 8 minutes. For Friday, Dec. 2, only, commuters may also park at the new parking structure on Kentucky Street across from the Student Life Foundation Gravel Lot.
Will traffic patterns change?
With more than 35,000 fans are expected on campus over the two days, traffic on and around campus will be more congested than usual. Guests are being directed to use University Boulevard to access event parking lots.
The Diddle Arena side of Avenue of Champions (right lane only) will be closed from the North Diddle lot past the stadium. This lane will be used for unloading and loading of team, band and fan buses. Those buses then will be directed to park in the Service Supply and Adams Street lots.
After each game, traffic exiting PS2 will be directed north onto University Boulevard to Kentucky Street. Traffic exiting PS1 will be directed east onto College Heights Boulevard. Traffic exiting the Creason Lot will be directed south on Creason Drive to Emmett Avenue.
For those attending the games
For students, fans, school officials and others coming to Bowling Green, here is some information about parking, traffic, tickets and more (also online http://www.wku.edu/gridiron/):
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
The Fall 2013 Issue of Arts & Letters is now available.
The 2014 Coming Home Celebration will culminate on Thursday, February 13, 2014, during half-time of the WKU V. Troy Men's Basketball Game when the 2014 Coming Home King and his court will be announced!