- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
WKU Health Services nearing accreditation
|Author: WKU Herald|
Date: Friday, September 16th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
WKU Health Services is entering the final stages of a three-year accreditation process.
WKU began the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) accreditation process in 2009 and expects to be completed by 2012.
"We're really excited," said Ann Mead, vice president for Finance and Administration. "It's an unusual and impressive accomplishment.
"Vicky Rosa, executive director of Health Services, said there are many different areas the center is currently looking at to finish up the process.
"We're going through all of our policies and procedures, looking at quality improvements and making sure we have the patients best interests in mind," she said.
Rosa said the big areas health services is examining are peer review and patient care.
According to the AAAHC website, accreditation is a voluntary process in which an institution measures the quality of their services and performance against nationally recognized standards.
The accreditation process involves self-assessment and review by the AAAHC surveyors.
The AAAHC accreditation certificate "is a symbol that an organization is committed to providing high-quality health care and that it has demonstrated that commitment by measuring up to the nationally-recognized standards of AAAHC high standards," according to the website.
WKU Health Services decided to begin this process based on the department's growth over the past several years.
Rosa, who joined WKU in July, said the accreditation process was just starting up when she got here.
As the person who now oversees the accreditation process, Rosa said she is very excited to see it through.
Rosa came from Butler University in Indianapolis, where she was director of Butler University Health Services for 13 years.
"I was quietly moving the center there towards accreditation, but we were very small, and there weren't a lot of people who could get in and help with the effort," she said.
Rosa said when she got the job at WKU and found out the university is also working towards accreditation, she was really pleased."People have really worked hard to make sure the patients are well taken care of," she said. "I think it's great."
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Changes are being made to Faculty / Staff parking
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,