Students in Nonprofit Administration Program Recognize Local Organizations
|Date: Wednesday, June 1st, 2011||Return to Archive|
Students in Nonprofit Administration program recognize local organizations
Students from WKU’s Nonprofit Administration (American Humanics) program recognized the accomplishments of three local organizations at their recent 4th Annual Nonprofit Award Reception and Fundraiser held at Christ Episcopal Church in Bowling Green.
Bluegrass Cellular was awarded the 2011 Philanthropic Business Award. The award, accepted by Donna Wills, was presented by Lynn Reins, a senior in the American Humanics Student Association.
Newborns in Need was recognized as the 2011 Emerging Nonprofit Organization Award. The award, accepted by Naomi Rowland, was presented by Alyssa Stephens, a senior in the American Humanics Student Association.
HOTEL INC was honored with the 2011 Established Nonprofit Organization Award. The award, accepted by Karen Myers, was presented by Morgan Eklund, a senior in the American Humanics Student Association.
The event was organized by the WKU American Humanics Student Association including Audrey Sutton of Memphis, Tenn. (reception coordinator); Lynn Reins of Bowling Green; Alyssa Stephens of Churchill, Nev.; Morgan Eklund of Louisville; Amanda Fisher of Bowling Green; Natalie Walker of Bowling Green; Lesley Greenwell of Versailles; JaNee Lamb of Elizabethtown; Christa Jordan of Bowling Green; Kayla Tyson of Dickson, Tenn.; and Sarah Kinnicut of Lexington. Students in REC 220 Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations and REC 482 Fundraising Workshop collected items for the silent auction.
The WKU Nonprofit Administration (American Humanics) program provides opportunities for students to gain valuable education, experience, and networking in the nonprofit sector. The program is housed in the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sport within the College of Health and Human Services.
Contact: Raymond Poff, (270) 745-2498.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
WKU football takes on UAB at home on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
Thursday, October 2nd - Sunday, October 5th
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,