Congratulations to Members of the School of Nursing Faculty Members
|Date: Wednesday, June 1st, 2011||Return to Archive|
Donna Blackburn was the recipient of the 2011 University Faculty Award for Public Service and Deanna Hanson was the recipient of the 2011 University Faculty Award for Student Advisement.
Dr. Donna Blackburn (Nursing) - Public Service Award
Service to public and professional organizations has been the cornerstone of Dr. Blackburn’s career. She has served on the Board of Directors of the Medical Center at Bowling Green, the Leadership Council of the local chapter of the American Cancer Society (ACS), Board of Directors of Christian Care Communities, Inc., a member of the Parish Nurse Ministry at First Christian Church, and the Editorial Board of The Kentucky Nurse. Dr. Blackburn continually strives to make a difference to individuals and organizations that she serves.
Ms. Deanna Hanson (Nursing) - Student Advisement Award
Ms. Hanson’s stated in her portfolio on Student Advisement, “My heart is in advising.” She received the WKU Student Government Association (SGA) Advisor of the Year (2008), and received Master Advisor Certificate (2008), sponsored by the Academic Advising and Retention Center (AARC). She advises pre-nursing students and students who are currently admitted in the nursing program. She constantly communicates with her advisees throughout the semester on such important topics such as midterm encouragement, tutoring options, reminders to make appointments, new classes available, and information about employment and volunteer opportunities, career choices, and scholarships.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Saturday, December 14th
New numbers out from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveal that fewer women in the United States are having children.
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.