- MA in Applied Economics
- Admission Requirements
- Contact Information
- Current Student Resources
- GA Application
WKU Graduate School
Requirements for Admission to the MAE Program
Students seeking admission into the WKU Masters of Arts in Applied Economics must meet the following requirements:
- File application with WKU Graduate School with accompanying $60 fee
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation to WKU Graduate School. The letters can be sent by e-mail or regular mail directly to the Graduate School
- Submit official copy of undergraduate degree transcript to WKU Graduate School
- Have official GRE score (within last 5 years) submitted to WKU Graduate School
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 (4.0 scale)
- Have a minimum GRE-Quantitative score of 147
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries, evidence of ability to communicate in English (a minimum of 550 on the written TOEFL, a minimum of 213 on the computerized TOEFL, a minimum of 79 on the internet TOEFL, successful completion of ELS Level 112, or a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS
- Completion of introductory microeconomics (Economics 202 or equivalent) course, an introductory macroeconomics (Economics 203 or equivalent) course, and an introductory statistics (Economics 206 or equivalent) course. These courses represent minimum requirements. Intermediate coursework in economics and business statistics is suggested.
Alternate graduate admission test scores such as the GMAT or LSAT will be considered
on a case by case basis as a substitute for the GRE.
MA in Applied economics offers a JUMP option - Joint Undergraduate/Graduate Program. This option is available only to students who are currently enrolled at WKU. JUMP allows students to start working toward their MA degree while completing their Bachelor’s degree. Students may earn up to 12 hours of graduate credits while completing their undergraduate degree. To be eligible, an applicants must meet the following requirements
- 3.00 overall GPA
- 3.25 GPA in 15 hours of Economics courses (200-level or higher)
- Completed 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- At the time of application be an Economics, Business Economics or Mathematical Economics major.
JUMP students must maintain at least a 3.2 GPA in economics coursework and a 3.0 overall
GPA to remain in good standing.
To apply or to find out more about the JUMP option, contact Dr. Alex Lebedinsky
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,