Allow 6-8 weeks for your application to be reviewed
All applications must meet the following admission requirements:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA in their last 60 hours of coursework or an earned master's degree
- Submission of an application portfolio that includes:
- A letter of application with information about the applicant's academic and career background, professional goals and interests, and other information relevant to the applicant's potential for success in the program
- A current resume or vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues or college/university faculty members who can provide information about the applicant's potential for success in the MS in LME program
- Minimum 3-page original writing sample that demonstrates the applicant's analytical writing ability.
Students who seek advanced teacher certification must follow the requirements for one of the program concentrations and submit a graduate application to Graduate Studies, official transcripts of all college work, and if seeking advanced certification or Rank change, a copy of their teaching certificate.
The admission decision by program faculty is based on a review of the full set of admission documents. Applicants should strive to provide evidence of potential for completion of the degree and success in the field of library media education.
Non-Degree Seeking Status: Applicants may enroll as non-degree seeking students in a maximum of 12 semester hours while awaiting approval for admission to the program pending completion of their admissions packets. No more than 12 hours of graduate coursework taken as a non-degree seeking student at WKU can be used to fulfill program and research tool requirements for the MS degree.
All applicants enrolled as non-degree seeking students must contact a member of the LME faculty for advisement prior to enrolling in any graduate courses.
How to Apply: Students interested in the MS LME program must complete an online application with WKU Graduate Studies. Follow these instructions to complete the application correctly:
On the Online Application form select "New" application and complete the information required. When you reach the Planned Course of Study page follow these steps depending on your interest area:
1. MS LME Degree (083): Select "Masters" and "Library Media Education" if you are interested in the M.S. LME. Select Educational Technology "LMET" or Library Media Education "LMLM" as your concentration depending on your interest
Remember: The Library Media Education Program is the certification program for school librarians. The Educational Technology program provides the Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement along with the master's degree.
2. Rank I LME program (0429): Select "Rank I" and "Library Media Ed"
Remember: This program is for students who hold a master's degree with ICT Endorsement, or a master's degree in Library Science, Library Media Education or Educational Technology. Students who do not meet this requirement are not eligible for this program!
3. Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement (KCT) (132): Select "Certification" and "Certification Only - Tchr Ed" and then "Kentucky Computer Technology"
Remember: 4. This is for students seeking ONLY the ICT Endorsement with no other degree or Rank program.
4. Educational Technology Certificate (167) : Select "Certificate" and "Educational Technology"
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,