Registration Open Now
Coming Again Soon
Interested in teaching a course?
Trish Steelman has been both an Instructor and a Trainer for WKU Center for Training
and Development since 1987. Over the years, she has been awarded several teaching
honors, including the Instructor of the year Award for WKU in 2007 and “The teacher
that made a Difference” by the University of Kentucky. “Trish cares about her students
and goes above and beyond what is required and her students admire and respect her.”
From 2005 -2009 she was the Assistive Technology Manager for Western, where she was responsible for incorporating Technology in classroom for students with special needs. Trish received her Bachelor’s degree from Appalachian State University, and a Master’s Degree from the University of South Florida in Tampa. She and her husband Bob have four children and one granddaughter.
Survival Skills for the Digital Age
Sessions held at Knicely Conference Center
Computers are provided
$30 per session or $100 for all four sessions
Bucket List Basics
Friday, November 1, 2013 8-11 a.m.
- Basic computer skills: getting ready for the next level
- Computer vocabulary: knowing the important lingo
- Opening and saving files to various devices
- Internet downloading
- Copying text and pictures
- Unzipping files from the Internet
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Skills and practice activities
Excel: How to Excel in Excel (and Have Fun!)
Friday, November 8, 2013 8-11 a.m.
- Be in the know: Learn how to use Excel for basic financial decisions
- Calculating payments
- Using Excel real time stock quotes
- Calculate savings and retirement plans
Access: Using the Computer to become Organized
Friday, November 15, 2013 8-11 a.m.
- Create a database to keep records of your important items (valuables, credit cards, antiques, and other collections)
- Create a database so I can keep up with my family and friends and other important information
Friday, November 22, 2013 8-11 a.m.
- Social media (Faceboook, upload photos, Twitter, You Tube)
- Security online
- Online community (using discussion forums)
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,