Instructor (Part-Time), Sunday Weekend Librarian
Office: 106 Helm Library
Phone: (270) 745-6125
Nikole is responsible for providing reference and research assistance on Sundays.
Regional Librarian, Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, 12/08-Present
- Serve as regional administrator for fifteen public libraries
- Facilitate the development of improved library services through training & orientation for library boards, directors and staff.
- Attend library board meetings and advise directors and trustees on legislation affecting libraries.
- Plan and promote continuing education events for all library staff.
- Provide training and orientation to new public library trustees.
- Create and distribute statistical data to libraries in the region.
- Inform directors and staff of grant opportunities and new programs available to libraries.
- Advise libraries on development and revisions of policies and procedures.
- Advise libraries on various issues regarding personnel, finances, long range planning, taxes, etc.
Children's & Youth Services Consultant, Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, 07/2005-12/08
- Provide training and consultation to public librarians serving youth
- Develop bibliographies and book exhibits on topics relevant to youth services
- Develop training workshops and resources for youth librarians
- Partner with other organizations to provide training
- Coordinate statewide Summer Reading Program
- Monitor children’s and teen programming grants
Librarian Assistant, Lexington Public Library Tates Creek Branch, Lexington, KY, 07/2000-07/2005
- Perform circulation duties including checking materials in and out.
- Welcome new patrons to library and assign library cards.
- Answer directional and basic reference questions.
- Assist patrons in locating materials by searching the catalog and the shelf.
- Place patrons on reserve for materials.
- Reader’s advisory services