About the Electronic and Continuing Resources Committee
Charge: WKU Libraries has been adopting online resources over print whenever feasible to provide improved access and to alleviate shelving and binding issues. In order to better serve the library and the campus while maintaining a balanced collection of electronic and print materials, the Electronic and Continuing Resources Committee (ECRC) reviews and evaluates all proposals for continuing subscriptions (databases, journals, e-journals, e-books, etc.), regardless of whether they are in electronic or print format.
To request new material, librarians should complete the ECRC form (below, and on the Library's Forms page) and submit it to the Electronic and Continuing Resources Coordinator.
Streaming video requests should also go to the ECR Coordinator for evaluation. While they do not require committee approval, they must be approved by the ECR Coordinator following a review of the licence agreement.
Laura DeLancey, Electronic and Continuing Resources Coordinator, is the Chair of the ECRC. Committee members consist of the following:
- One representative from Serials (Tracy Bryant)
- Collection Services Coordinator (Jack Montgomery)
- One representative from Library Public Services (currently Carol Watwood)
- One representative from Library Special Collections (currently Nancy Richey)
Procedures and Guidelines
To accomplish their mission, the ECRC uses the following procedures and guidelines:
- Electronic and Continuing Resources Committee Charge
- Electronic & Continuing Resource Request Form
- Streaming Video Request Form
- AskUs! (Reference Services)
- Access Services
- Educational Resources Center
- Electronic Information Resources
- Etown-Fort Knox Regional Library
- Extended Library Services
- Glasgow Library
- Government Documents | Law
- Interlibrary Loan
- Information Literacy
- Owensboro Library
- Reserve Materials
- Visual & Performing Art Library
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,