Need more information?
or call 270-745-4662
Kentucky P-12 Educator Tuition Discount
The ability of our P-12 students to succeed and reach their fullest potential is significantly impacted by the ability of their teachers and other certified school personnel. In recognition of the importance of Kentucky’s teachers and other certified school personnel in helping to ensure that our high school graduates are college and career ready, WKU provides a significantly reduced tuition beyond the first 3 hours to help these personnel enhance their areas of expertise. WKU has been and remains a leading preparer of educators in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and is committed to providing high quality graduate level programs of study for Kentucky’s educators. Our graduates have distinguished themselves within the profession of education and have been recognized through various venues for the impact they have on their students.
Tuition and Student Fees for KY Educators
|Graduate (Per Credit Hour)||FY 2016*|
|Kentucky P-12 Educator (first 3 hours each semester)**||$495|
|Kentucky P-12 Educator (over 3 hours each semester)**||$295|
|Example: Kentucky P12 Educator Student enrolls in 6 semester hours.|
|- First 3 credit hours. - (3 x $495)||$1485|
|- Each credit hour after the first 3 hours - (3 x $295)||$885|
|- Total Tuition for 6 semester hours||$2370|
|*The new tuition rate is affective beginning the Fall 2015 semester and runs through
the Summer 2016 semester (FY 2016)
**Student course fees may still apply
Eligibility Criteria for Tuition Discount:
- Must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky; and
- Must be pursuing a non-doctoral graduate program of study leading to an additional or advanced certification or a rank change. (Students pursuing the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership are NOT eligible, and will pay the tuition/fee rate appropriate to that program); and
- Must hold, or be eligible to hold, a Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board Statement of Eligibility as a classroom teacher or hold a professional certificate (excluding a temporary provisional certificate) as a classroom teacher or other certified school personnel, (e.g., counselor, principal, superintendent); and
- Must be enrolled in one of the Master’s or Educational Specialist Degree programs, planned fifth-year and sixth-year non-degree programs, endorsements, or certificate-only programs of study, listed on the eligible programs page.
- The KY P-12 Educator Rate applies only to courses that are directly applicable to one of the listed programs, as evidenced by an approved graduate Program of Study.
- On Demand courses are excluded from the P12 Educator Tuition rate.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,