Words in red are links.
Check out our new summer camp offerings!
New camp offerings along with our tried and true will give your child a reason to explore the arts this summer!
- Kentucky Museum offers four weeks of summer camp in June for kids ages 6 years to 15. Each camp has its own specific age range.
- All camps are Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 12 PM at the Kentucky Museum education classroom.
- There is a snack break daily around 10 AM with snacks supplied by the Museum.
- Children may register for more than one camp. Please remember space is limited and spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Camp fees are: Members - $108 non-Members - $120
Summer Camp Exhibit
- Each student will have work included in the Kentucky Museum's first Summer Camp Exhibit. The exhibit opens Friday, July 19 through Sunday, August 17th.
- A reception will be open free to the public on Friday, August 8, 5 PM - 8 PM during the Bowling Green Gallery Hop.
Kentucky Museum Friends receive a 10% discount on all camps.
June 2 - 6 Photography Camp with Jeanie Adams-Smith Ages 13-15
Students must bring a standard digital point and shoot camera (or better) and camera manual. Students must have access to a computer for daily photo uploads. Topics covered will include camera basics, technical issues, and composition. One photograph from each student will be selected for exhibition in the Summer Camp Exhibit.
June 9 - 13 Painting Camp with Lynne Ferguson Ages 6-10
Campers will use acrylic and water color paints to explore different painting techniques. They will draw inspiration from nature, Chinese brush paintings, Pop Art, Expressionism and Color Field painting. One work from each student will be selected for exhibition in the Summer Camp Exhibit.
June 16 - 20 Media Exploration with Missi Carini Ages 11 - 14
Students will delve into 2-d and 3-D media improving their drawing stills. They will dabble into printmaking with gelli printing, batik fabric with acrylic paints, learn glass fusing techniques, and more. Kiln fired glass work will need to picked up approximately two weeks after camp. Each student will have a work selected for exhibition in the Summer Camp Exhibit. Register
June 23 - 27 Clay Camp with Laura Bain-Selbo Ages 6 - 10
Campers will learn basic hand building techniques to create a variety of functional
and decorative ceramic pieces. Students will have an opportunity to decorate their
work with painted glazes. Participants will need to pick up kiln fired work approximately
two weeks after camp. One work from each student will be selected for exhibition in
the Summer Camp Exhibit. Camp is Full - Registration is closed. If you would like to be put on a waiting list
for this camp please email or call Lynne Ferguson: firstname.lastname@example.org - 270-745-2594.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,