WKU Information & Resources for K-8 Educators
The WKU Traveling Trunk is a free resource kit available for K-8 educators to use for two weeks. The kit contains a variety of resources and is an excellent pre-visit tool or may be used by itself to inform students about campus life at Western Kentucky University. Kentucky Museum Traveling Trunks
WKU Virtual Tour online. May be shown in class from website or accessed via smart phone or tablet. Click on a building and view a description along with brief videos. Virtual Tour
IWKU is your easy mobile guide to information about Western Kentucky University. Free Download. Click "Maps," then lower right button with person shilouttee for a wonderful interactive campus tour with audio and video.
WKU has a variety of online videos available for classroom use.
- Welcome to WKU
- Diddle Arena
- Houchens LT Smith Stadium
- Hilltopper Nation
- Hilltopper of the Century *A true Hilltopper favorite!
- Big Red
- Living on campus
- DUC (Downing University Center) Renovation Project
- Bowling Green
WKU Powerpoints for K-8 Teachers
Western Kentucky University offers numerous choices for undergraduate areas of study through major, minors, associate degree programs, certificate programs, pre-professional study, and areas of concentration within majors. There are over 180 academic programs - majors, minors and certificates - covering everything from civil engineering to dance to sport management. WKU Academic Programs
- Preston Health and Activities Center - Free to all WKU students and includes a 15,000 square foot fitness center, a swimming pool, racquetball courts, dance studios, indoor track and more.
- Intramural Recreational Sports - Table tennis, dodge ball, and ultimate Frisbee are just a few of WKU intramural sports offerings available to all students.
- Sport Clubs - A wide variety of club sports are available where student teams compete against other universities.
WKU's rich athletic history spans more than a century. The athletic department's commitment to excellent is constant. WKU's student-athletes consistently perform at a high level in the classroom and on the playing field.